Finance Committee, Monday 17th September 2018, 6.30pm
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND THIS MEETING
You are summoned to attend a meeting of the Finance Committee to be held in the Winsford Town Council Council Chamber, Second Floor, Wyvern House, The Drumber CW7 1AH on Monday 17th September 2018 at 6.30pm.
Town Clerk/Finance Officer
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Members must provide apologies to the Town Clerk before 5.00pm on the day of the meeting, together with reasons for their absence.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members to declare any interest under the following categories:
- Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
- Outside Bodies Interest
- Family, Friend or Close Associate Interest
- MINUTES – To sign as a correct record, the Minutes of the meeting of the Finance Committee held on 16th July 2018 (‘A’)
- ARISING – any points of clarification from the above minutes.
- ACCOUNTS FOR APPROVAL
Schedule ‘B’ lists payments made since the last meeting
Schedule ‘C’ lists accounts for approval at this meeting
Schedule ‘D’ lists supplementary accounts for approval (to follow)
- BANK ACCOUNT MONTHLY RECONCILIATION STATEMENTS
Financial probity recommends monthly reconciliation of the Town Council’s accounts. (‘E’ – to follow)
- INTERNAL/EXTERNAL AUDIT UPDATE
The Town Council’s year end accounts for 2017/18 were audited by the Internal Auditors – JDH Business Services Limited – on 8th June 2018. The Internal Audit report, complete with action plan is attached. (‘F’)
As reported at the last Finance Committee, the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR), together with supporting documents, was sent to the Council’s external auditors (PFK Littlejohn) prior to their deadline of 25th June 2018. At the time of writing, there has been no response from the external auditors. If a response is received, it will be presented to the meeting. (‘G’ – to follow)
RECOMMENDED: Members are asked to note these developments and approve the internal audit report
- GRANTS SUB-COMMITTEE
- PAYMENTS FOR APPROVAL
A number of pieces of work have been carried out since the last meeting of the Finance Committee on 16th July 2018.
These payments are reported here and Members are asked to approve, as the work involved has been carried out.
- Winsford Voice – latest copy of the Winsford Voice has been designed (£350.00); 15,000 copies printed (£1,877.02); and distributed to every property in the CW7 postcode area (£1,950.00). This work was carried out by Bare Bones Marketing and needed to be done quickly in order to advertise the Salt Fair and Guildhall Open Days (added to the fact that there had not been a copy of the Voice produced for a year). Total £5,012.42 including VAT (£835.40)
- Guildhall – a number of materials have been ordered for the Open Days on 15th and 16th September 2018. These include Heritage Open Days merchandise (£118.22); consultancy work by Business in the Arts (£177.50); t-shirts for the Open Days (£146.64); posters for Open Days (£186.12); removal and re-installation of radiators (£1,400.00)
- Open Spaces – urgent work has been carried out by Plumbley Environmental Contractors Ltd (the Council’s grounds maintenance contractor) – trimming back of trees on Wharton Recreation Ground (£660.00); and trimming back of trees at Leaf Lane Park (£420.00); also a damaged slide was replaced by Hags-SMP Ltd (£1,680.00)
- Salt Fair – provision of security (£308.00); costs of advertising/publicity via social media and the press (£1,200.00); production of posters, banners and correx boards (£424.00); wristbands for troupe dancing (£29.99); and trophies for troupe dancing (£90.00)
- Publicity/Town Promotions – design and production of Good Friday Balls (£330.00)
RECOMMENDED: Members are asked to note and approve the payments set out above
- EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
Due to their confidential nature, Members may decide to exclude the press and public from the meeting during consideration of the following matters in accordance with Section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960. Reports relating to these items have been withheld from public circulation and deposit.
- PAYROLL SERVICE
Report by the Town Clerk (‘J’- to follow)