- The Town Council requires to see a completed set of accounts in the case of most applications
- Where a set of accounts is not available, in the case of a new project being launched, some idea of anticipated costs should be given as an appendix
- The Town Council will want to fund projects, which enables people to become involved in activities, which improve the quality of life for the community of Winsford.
- The Town Council wishes to fund projects, within its budget, supporting organisations in the voluntary and community sector to help them become more effective and efficient
- Groups working with young children must provide a written statement that protection procedures are in place, and that police checks are carried out in accordance with the vetting regulations.
- Those groups supported will have their activities generally based in Winsford or for the benefit of Winsford people in the main
- National Charities without a local link or unable to demonstrate their effectiveness in Winsford will not normally be supported
- The Town Council policy is to support organisations and community groups.
- Monies granted are done so under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972 : Section 137.
The Town Council’s Finance Committee meets monthly, with the exception of May and August.